Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Fighting Stance, Don't Look Down

The shark has departed, says Gaius.

A few surfers have already returned to the water.

Here's your surfboard, says Gaius.

Thanks, says Wittgenstein. How did it go?

As surfboards generally go, I imagine, says Gaius.

I meant your confrontation, says Wittgenstein.

Very well, says Gaius. I think I convinced him. Have you seen Arthur?

He and Sweezus went off to buy snacks, says Wittgenstein.

Then I shall return to the frogs, says Gaius.

And I shall continue my lesson, says Wittgenstein.

Great, says Chelsea. Where were we up to?

Lesson 5, says Wittgenstein.

Take up a fighting stance, says Chelsea.

Wittgenstein looks at Gaius.

Go on, don't mind me, says Gaius.

And don't look down, says Chelsea. 

Wittgenstein takes up a fighting stance, while not looking  down.

He is definitely getting a feeling for surfing.

Gaius returns to the frogs.

How is the unwell one? asks Gaius.

Flat, says Terence.

Not dead though, says Roo-kai.

Do you think he'll recover? asks Quiet-Tartus.

Let me see, says Gaius, poking the unwell flat frog.

Buuurp!

That came from somewhere, says Gaius. Where there's gas, there's hope, I always say.

But the gas came out, says Terence.

The Great White Teacher recommended we try smelling salts, says Gaius

A bit old fashioned, says Roo-kai.

True, says Gaius. But often effective. We Romans used to use them.

On frogs? asks Quiet-Tartus.

Well, no, says Gaius.

Would you like me to look for a chemist? asks Roo-kai.

Yes, says Gaius. That would be helpful.

Roo-kai flies off to look for a chemist.

Sweezus and Arthur return to the beach with their snacks.

Wanna corn chip? says Sweezus, offering an open packet.

Thank you, says Gaius. By the way, good news! There's a strong likelihood Great White Teacher will shortly be leaving for Mexico, with his sidekicks.

Awesome, says Sweezus. Hey! What's with the frog?

Out of gas, says Terence. 

Give it here, says Sweezus.

He picks up the frog.


No comments: