Saturday, March 16, 2024

Follow Wup

The plane takes off, for Gladstone.

Nerida blows Greedy up again.

Now ask her how she got here, says Nerida. But be quick.

Greedy, says Terence. How did you get from the first plane to second plane without us?

The question is long.

Greedy is going down all the time Terence is asking it.

I.....phoo.....wup, says Greedy. 

Which is all she can manage.

She flew up, says Terence.

I don't think she said that, says Nerida.

Threw up? says Arthur.

Nor that, says Nerida. It was just the sound that you make when you're running out of puff and then you stop suddenly.

With a 'wup', says Arthur.

Let's try again, says Nerida. This time ask a much shorter question

Let me think of one first, says Terence.

Just say 'Well?', suggests Arthur. As a follow wup.

Stop making me laugh, Arthur, says Nerida. I can't blow when I'm laughing.

She stops laughing and blows Greedy up again. She replaces the bread tie, and presses on the dodgy plaster, to make Greedy last longer.

Well? says Terence.

You left me behind and along came a handsome captain, says Greedy. So handsome, and he plucked me out of the squeeze bag and pressed me to his chest, well kind of, and he huuuuuh.....

Woo! says Terence. A handsome captain. Blow Greedy up again. 

I am, says Nerida, blowing Greedy up again.

Well? says Terence.

Put his hand inside me, and moved it, says Greedy

Handsome AND brave, says Nerida.

Brave? says Terence. 

Greedy could have been a bomb, says Nerida.

Were you a bomb? asks Terence.

Nooo....says Greedy, fading again.


No comments: