Sweezus and Sartre return to their seats on the train.
The Imposter? says Sartre.
Okay, says Sweezus. I shouldn't have said it.
On the contrary, says Sartre. It's a very good title. I may use it.
But it's kind of ambiguous, says Sweezus.
All the better says Sartre. Who is the imposter? You, me or the bear?
You can't mention the bear, says Sweezus.
I know that, says Sartre. And I didn't. It was you.
Those two won't remember, says Sweezus. Or they'll think it's a code name.
Let us hope so, says Sartre.
He picks up his ipad and starts typing:
Something happened in the bar carriage. My companion nearly gave the game away. A couple approached us, recognised us and asked for a link to my blog. They too did not like the title, Existence precedes Essence. My companion suggested I should call it The Imposter. At first I thought he was referring to me. But he was referring to the one we are going to Barcelona to rescue. Now there are two strangers who know the nature of the Imposter, but not the location.
He is proud of this entry. He will show it to Sweezus.
He nudges Sweezus.
Shit! says Sweezus. I blasted a hole in the back wall.
Your goats will escape, says Sartre. Was it my fault?
You nudged me, says Sweezus. What do you think so far? Ignoring the hole.
Sartre looks at the Minecraft goat pen. It looks boxy.
It looks boxy, says Sartre. But apart from the hole it seems functional.
I'm making a grass patch in the centre, says Sweezus, and a composting area.
Fancy, says Sartre. Would you like to see my next entry?
Yeah okay, says Sweezus.
He reads what Sartre has written.
That's good, says Sweezus. You used my title. And ramped up the mystery.
Without mentioning the bear, says Sartre.
And the two strangers'll know who they are, says Sweezus. And they'll tell their friends, and you'll get heaps more readers.
I must tell Simone, says Sartre.
No comments:
Post a Comment