Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Her Practical Suggestions

Let me guess, says Simone.

Okay, says Sweezus.

You are about to ask Jean Paul to come with you to Barcelona, says Simone.

Are you? asks Sartre.

That's part of it, says Sweezus. 

Are we to assist in the rescue? asks Sartre.

From below, says Sweezus. Just as backup.

There you are, Jean Paul, says Simone. A chance for some positive action.

Sartre bites into a blue macaron.

Jean Paul is taking it seriously, says Simone.

Yeah great, says Sweezus. And it'll get him some attention.

Do you still crave attention, mon petit? asks Simone.

It wouldn't hurt, says Sartre. But how exactly would I get this attention? 

That's the best part of my idea, says Sweezus. You blog your journey. 

What a clever idea, says Simone. You must do it, my darling. A few words every day. How would you begin it?

Man is nothing but his plan, says Sartre.

Awesome, says Sweezus.

But first you should say where you're going and why, says Simone.

That will follow, says Sartre.

I think you should state those things first, says Simone. Before you start dropping your philosophical epithets.

It will be my choice, says Sartre.

Of course, says Simone. You're lucky I'm not going.

She picks up the last macaron. A brown one.

Alors, it's the last one, says Simone. Will you have it, Sweezus?

Sweezus remembers the dead fly. And she did not wash her hands. But yeah she never actually touched it. He was watching, the whole time.

Yeah thanks, says Sweezus. He takes it. 

I'm becoming quite excited, says Sartre. What shall I pack?

I suggest a rope and a net, says Simone.

Sweezus is impressed by her practical suggestions.


No comments: