Where's Arthur? asks Terence.
We don't know, says Prong.
How come you don't know? asks Terence.
Because he doesn't know, says Prong.
Arthur? says Terence.
This man, says Prong.
Me, says the man sitting next to Prong. I don't know. But he did get a phone call.
Who from? asks Terence.
I don't know, says the man. He stood up straight away and walked off.
He probably didn't want you to overhear any secrets, says Prong.
What secrets? asks Terence.
More secrets like the secrets I overheard last time, says the man. About the rope and the net.
And the Blob, says Terence.
What Blob? asks Prong, looking sharply at Terence.
I just invented a code name, says Terence.
Oh yes, says Prong. The Blob in the bonnet.
Don't tell me it's a baby! says the man.
We won't, says Terence.
Because it isn't, says Prong.
I was going to say, if it's a baby you're planning to kidnap, I ought to report it, says the man.
Why would we want to kidnap a baby? asks Terence.
Perhaps you are to be the substitute baby, says the man.
Blob, says Terence.
The substitute Blob, says the man. The gang kidnaps the Blob and leaves you in its place.
Me? says Terence.
He had not thought of that.
That isn't the plan, says Prong. Come on Terence, let's find Arthur.
Your gang leader, says the man.
Yikes ! This man knows too much.
Prong whirrs off, followed by Terence.
Soon they bump into Arthur, coming back.
Guess what? says Terence.
What? asks Arthur.
The ticket inspector captured Prong, says Terence.
And she got away, says Arthur.
And now he's off duty, says Terence.
Great, says Arthur. So I'll go and sit down.
Don't sit next to that man again, says Terence. He knows what the Blob is!
Why don't I know what the Blob is? says Arthur.
All the passengers nearby are listening.
Waiting to hear what the Blob is.
No comments:
Post a Comment