The Blob is the code name for you know who, says Terence.
Arthur likes the new code name.
I'll tell the other guys, says Arthur.
He sends Sweezus a text message.
Code name 4 Sylv. bear = Blob.
Sweezus, travelling in the later train, receives the text message.
WTF? mutters Sweezus.
What's up? asks Sartre. Have your goats escaped from your goat pen?
No way, says Sweezus. I fixed the hole with wire netting. This is from Arthur.
You just spoke to him, says Sartre. What now?
He's given me a code word, says Sweezus/
For the operation? asks Sartre. What is it?
For the... ( Sweezus checks that no one is listening)... entity we're going to rescue.
What a fine idea, says Sartre. What is it?
Sweezus shows him the message.
Blob? says Sartre.
Terence probably made it up, says Sweezus.
I can't use Blob in my blog, says Sartre. It's too childish.
You can't use it anyway, says Sweezus.
Why not? asks Sartre. No one will know what it refers to.
All your readers'll be listening out for it, says Sweezus. Including the ones in Barcelona.
Do you think I'll have readers in Barcelonsa? asks Sartre.
That's how the internet works, says Sweezus.
Sartre tries to think of a way to overcome this.
Aha! says Sartre.
What? asks Sweezus.
I'll use a code name for the code name, says Sartre.
Yeah, go for it, says Sweezus. A code name like what?
Simone, says Sartre. No... better not use her name. How about Beaver?
I've heard you call her that, says Sweezus.
You're quite right, says Sartre. What do you suggest then?
How about Peony? says Sweezus.
Where did that come from? asks Sartre.
I'm planting peonies around my goat pen, says Sweezus.
Won't the goats eat them,? asks Sartre.
Is it a good code name or what? asks Sweezus.
It is, no one will guess it refers to a Blob, says Sartre. Should we tell Arthur?
I'll text him back, says Sweezus.
He texts Arthur:
Peony = code name 4 Blob.
Arthur gets it.
And responds with a giant thumbs up.
No comments:
Post a Comment