Meanwhile, on the fast train to Barcelona.
Arthur has given the signal.
A bent finger, raised.
Look, says Terence. That's the signal.
Prong stops looking dazed.
I missed it, says Prong.
How come? asks Terence.
You told me to stare, says Prong, so I'd look like a toy.
Next time stare at Arthur, says Terence.
Shouldn't we respond to the signal? asks Prong.
Yes, says Terence. Come on.
Put me on your shoulder, says Prong.
Okay, says Terence.
He lifts Prong onto his shoulder.
That's a wonderful toy you have there, says his neighbour.
Thanks, says Terence.
Thank you, madam, says Prong.
Would you like me to save your seat for you? asks the neighbour.
I don't know, says Terence. I mean yes, maybe.... no.
I'll save it anyway, says the neighbour who seems like a nice lady.
Terence and Prong move up to where Arthur is sitting.
Ticket inspector, says Arthur. Time to move on.
Where to? asks Terence.
Up the train, says Arthur. Towards the inspector.
He starts walking up the train.
Terence follows with Prong.
They pass the ticket inspector.
Arrètez! says the ticket inspector. Ou allez-vous?
Toilet, says Arthur.
I must see your ticket first, says the ticket inspector.
The kid's in a hurry, says Arthur.
I'm going to pee on the floor, says Terence.
Go then, says the ticket inspector. I'll catch up with you when you return to your seat.
Thanks, says Arthur.
Phew! says Terence.
They keep walking, until Arthur spots an empty seat.
Sit there, says Arthur. If anyone comes and says it's their seat, come and find me.
Okay, says Terence.
He sits down next to a kid who is playing a game on his ipad.
The kid looks up.
And back at his game.
Shall I go and see where Arthur is going to be sitting? asks Prong.
Yes, says Terence. Then we'll know if we'll be able to see the next signal.
Prong goes off.
The kid looks up again.
Spy parrot? says the kid.
Spy parrot, says Terence.
This is pleasing.
No comments:
Post a Comment