Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Stage 16 - The Weasel

It is Stage 16 of the Tour de France. Everyone is losing body fat, even Le Bon David. They are fearful that they might not make it to the top of the Col du Tourmalet.

Le Bon David: Ahh! I feel I am fading away.

The VeloDrone: You are fading away? Not as much as me !

Jean Paul Sartre: A fat man has an advantage on the Col du Tourmalet.

Le Bon David: Let me tell you it is no advantage. Or let me say, it would be no advantage. I do not consider myself a fat man, merely stout.

The VeloDrone: You were merely stout. Now, you are almost normal size.

Le Bon David: Thank you. But I am looking forward to regaining my stoutness when this is all over.

Jean Paul Sartre: I too feel as though I am fading away. This is a very tough ride. At times I consider the unthinkable.

The VeloDrone: What is the unthinkable?

Jean Paul Sartre: Giving up.

The VeloDrone: That is not unthinkable.

Jean Paul Sartre: Really? So you have thought the unthinkable too?

Le Bon David: Oh, we can't give up now. What would the ladies think?

Jean Paul Sartre: They would be very happy, I suspect.

The VeloDrone: What! But they are our biggest supporters.

Jean Paul Sartre: Don't forget, they have to do this beastly ride as well, even though they may go slower. It can't be easy for them.

Le Bon David: Well, I am going on. Jean Paul Sartre, you are nothing but a weasel!

No comments: