Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Out of Sight

At the end of Stage Nine in the Tour de France, Team Philosophe is nursing its wounds.

The VeloDrone: That Col de la Madeleine has just about finished me off! Oh my legs and shoulders!

Le Bon David: Where's Simone? I need some of her embrocation!

Simone de Beauvoir: Here I am. Sit down and I'll rub it in for you. Where does it hurt?

Le Bon David: Would you mind if I did it myself? Here let me just stick my finger in. Ahh, that's better.

Jean Paul Sartre: Ohh! I'm next! And you can rub it in, Simone.

Belle et Bonne: At least you are all in one piece! Have you heard what has happened to Cadel Evans? He was riding all day with a fracture! He has lost his yellow jersey and, at the finish, he wept in despair.

Le Bon David: So that was the reason for the blue strapping on his elbow.

Belle et Bonne: Yes. Underneath that blue strapping was something no one could see. That reminds me, Uncle David. Have you come up with an answer to Simone's question yet?

Jean Paul Sartre: I bet he hasn't.

The VeloDrone: I bet he has.

Le Bon David: It's a curly one. Do colours exist in the absence of light? No, only when the light is on. But there are exceptions.

Simone de Beauvoir: Oh? And what are they?

Le Bon David: Certain objects are hot enough to emit light of their own.

Belle et Bonne: Oh bravo, Uncle David! You see, Simone?

No comments: