Saturday, July 24, 2010

Time Trials

The Team Philosophe riders are waiting for their turn in the time trials. They have mixed feelings about racing through Bordeaux.

The VeloDrone: What a crime to ride past all those wineries without stopping!

Le Bon David: After all the wine we drank last night? I don't think so!

Jean Paul Sartre: When's our turn?

The VeloDrone: David's next! He's the slowest.

Le Bon David: Here I go! Wheeeee! Wish me luck!

Jean Paul Sartre: Existentialists don't wish people luck.

The VeloDrone: Oh, put a cork in it, Jean Paul! Good luck David!

Jean Paul Sartre: That wasn't to say that I didn't hope he would do well.

The VeloDrone: Hmm.

Jean Paul Sartre: Everyone always misunderstands me.

The VeloDrone: Stop feeling sorry for yourself. To be misunderstood is perfectly normal.

Jean Paul Sartre: My father died when I was fifteen months old.

The VeloDrone: So what?

Jean Paul Sartre: I was raised by my mother and grandfather. Oh, how I loved my mother. Then, when I was twelve, she married again. My step-father bullied me.

The VeloDrone: Poor little Jean Paul! Oh look. You've missed your call! Now what will you do?

Jean Paul Sartre: It wasn't my fault. I shall go and complain!

1 comment:

Allan Webber said...

Poor JPS!!! The existential cycle means what goes around comes around- it's only 12 months before the gang can get together once more.