Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tour Down Under

The Tour Down Under is on again in Adelaide. Let's see if anyone we know is here.

Yes! Over there is The VeloDrone, with an attractive young lady. Oh! It's Marie, his niece, otherwise known as Madam Denis. They have new bicycles, and a new team, judging by the colours. Let's get nearer. Team Gymnosophy, well there's a surprise. They seem to be looking for someone.

The VeloDrone: Where are they?

Madam Denis: I'm sure they'll be here in a minute. Don't fuss.

The VeloDrone: I'm not fussing, but well..... yes I am! I knew it was a mistake to team up with Gymnosophers. They don't have that killer instinct. They may not turn up at all.

Madam Denis: Anyone would think you had a killer instinct.

The VeloDrone: I like a good contest, that's all. Where are they?

Madam Denis: Here they come now! Oh my! Look at them!

The VeloDrone: For heaven's sake!

Enter two Gymnosophers, wheeling their bicycles and not wearing any clothes.

Gymnosopher Ten ( for it is he): Hello! Are we late? Sorry!

Gymnosopher Five: ( for it is he): Yes, my fault entirely. I couldn't find my drink bottle.

The VeloDrone: Never mind that! Haven't you forgotten something?

Madam Denis: Pockets, for example?

Gymnosopher Ten: We do without pockets. And may I ask why you are clothed in luxurious Lycra?

The VeloDrone: There is nothing luxurious about it. In fact it is quite uncomfortable. Mine feels particularly tight this year.

Madam Denis: That is because you have not done your preparation.

Gymnosopher Five: He hasn't?

Madam Denis: No, he hasn't.

The VeloDrone: Yes I have, I have been eating carrots all week.

Gymnosopher Ten: Luxuriousness!

Madam Denis: Well, now gentlemen, if we are going to be an effective team, we must all work together, don't you think?

Gymnosopher Five: Hear, hear!

Madam Denis: I'm glad to hear you say that.

Gymnosopher Five: I am more flexible, being the younger of the two.

Madam Denis: I can see that!

The VeloDrone: Marie! Behave yourself! Come on! Let's get over to the starting line. Nice bicycles you Gymnosophers have, by the way.

Gymnosopher Ten: Thanks. They're Alexanders.

No comments: