Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Falling on Angel

Team Gymnosophy is riding in a group near the back of the peloton. They are lucky to be riding at all.

The VeloDrone: I still can't believe we missed Stage One entirely.

Madam Denis: At least we aren't disqualified.

The VeloDrone: Yes, that was a brilliant defence of yours, Marie. "My name is Denis. I'm riding as a man."

Gymnosopher Five: And ours! "We are riding as men who wear clothes". That confused them a bit. But they had to concede, because they'd allowed Madam Denis.

Madam Denis: Oh, do call me Marie.

Gymnosopher Ten: Where are we?

The VeloDrone: Somewhere near Mannum. Not far to go now, put some legs into it!

Gymnosopher Ten: I can't.

Gymnosopher Five: I told you you should eat something.

Madam Denis: Haven't you eaten anything? Here, have a Power Bar.

Gymnosopher Ten: No, thank you. Oh no, wait. Alright, I will. Must move with the times.

The VeloDrone: Good man! Eat it up and we'll go to the front.

Madam Denis: Yes, off you go! I'll stay back here with Gymnosopher Five.

Gymnosopher Five: Call me Gym.

Madam Denis: Then you'd both be called Gym. Wouldn't that be confusing? No, I shall call you Angel.

The VeloDrone: Marie! I don't know if I ought to be leaving you back here with this naked young man.

Madam Denis: Don't worry about me, uncle.

The VeloDrone: I'm more worried about him.

Gymnosopher Ten: Ohhhh! Watch out everyone! There's a spill up ahead!

And it was true. Mark Cavendish was down. So were many others. Team Gymnosophy, unable to slow down or circumnavigate the pile-up, tumbled off their bicycles as well.

Marie was happy that she had fallen on top of Angel.

No comments: