Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Nothing

Marie is back at the office, telling Belle et Bonne all about the Tour Down Under.

Belle et Bonne: Tell me everything, Marie. Did you meet anyone?

Marie: I met Angel. He was interesting.....at first. He was a Gymnosopher, and he didn't wear any clothes.

Belle et Bonne: Ooh! Was he attractive?

Marie: Yes he was. At first he was very austere, and didn't eat or drink or wear anything, and he answered deep philosophical questions wisely. I actually thought I was in love with him.

Belle et Bonne: What went wrong?

Marie: I realised he always gave the same answer. And he became more and more competitive, wanting to win King of the Mountain and all that whatnot.

Belle et Bonne: Boring! And how was papa?

Marie: Oh, he was his usual self........

The VeloDrone pokes his head around the door.

Belle et Bonne: Oh papa! we were just talking about you.

The VeloDrone: Head butting is NOT cheating, you know!

Marie: Uncle! I never mentioned it!

Belle et Bonne: Papa! were you cheating?

The VeloDrone: Everyone was.

Marie: No they weren't.

Belle et Bonne: Did your Angel do it?

Marie: Yes, both the Gymnosophers did it.

The VeloDrone: We were using our noggins.

Belle et Bonne: How embarrassing. Well I don't suppose you can ever go back to Adelaide again.

The VeloDrone: On the contrary, we are all going back next month for the Fringe!

Le Bon David pops his head round the door.

Belle et Bonne: Uncle David! We're all going to the Adelaide Fringe!

Le Bon David: I heard.

The VeloDrone: What else did you hear?

Le Bon David: Oh nothing, my friend. But...... nothing.

No comments: