Monday, December 11, 2023

Am I In It?

So I'll be famous, says the quoll.

Looks like it, says Barb. Let's take that photo.

Should I be smiling? asks the quoll.

I'll take one of you smiling and one of you looking serious, says Barb.

In here? asks the quoll.

People might wonder what you were doing in a bird hide, says Barb. 

True. So let's go outside, says the quoll.

They go outside.

Barb takes two photos.

In one the quoll is smiling, and showing his teeth.

In the other he isn't.

Let's see, says the quoll.

I think I prefer the serious you, says Barb.

Me too. Now what? says the quoll.

I'll send it to Gaius, says Barb. But he asked for a photo of the two orange-bellied parrots as well. I wonder if you could do something to attract them.

Like what? says the quoll.

They trust you don't they? asks Barb.

O yes, says the quoll.

They must be nearby, says Barb. I spotted them earlier. 

I could try calling out, says the quoll.

Go on, says Barb. I'll melt into the background.

The quoll calls out. Tzeet!

It doesn't sound very tzeetish. More kind of quollish. 

But it works.

The missing Tzeet brother flies down.

What's up, friend?

I'm getting my reward, says the quoll.

What is it? asks the missing Tzeet brother.

Online notes and a photo, says the quoll. Want to be in it?

What are online notes? asks the missing Tzeet brother.

A story about how I found you, says the quoll.

Am I in it? asks the missing Tzeet brother.

Of course you're in it, says the quoll. If you weren't, you'd still be missing.

Can we all be in it? asks the missing Tzeet brother.

Sure, says the quoll. Call the others.

The missing Tzeet brother calls his brother, his brother's Sweetheart, and Skye.

Yes they all want to be in it.

Barb comes out from the background.

How shall we do this? asks Barb. 

How about we reenact the moment I found him? says the quoll.

But we weren't there then, says Sweetheart.

I was, says Skye.

We need to make it longer, says the Tzeet brother. Start from when I noticed my brother had gone missing.

So, a series of photos, says Barb.

Or a movie! says the missing Tzeet brother.

I guess we could make a short video, says Barb.


No comments: