Friday, December 15, 2023

Why Anyone Does Anything

Barb washes the emu wren feather in the lagoon.

Happy? says Barb.

Happier, says the quoll.

Okay, roll camera, says Barb.

The red light comes on.

The quoll, with the wet emu wren feather in his mouth, approaches the missing Tzeet brother, and Skye.

Ith thith her? asks the quoll.

No it's another one, says the missing Tzeet brother. 

Nice feather, says Skye.

You can have it, says the quoll. Right, let's go folks, and claim our re...

Stop! says Skye. We weren't going to mention it.

Oops! says the quoll. Barb, can you cut that?

Right, says Barb. I'll cut it. But have you thought what you will say?

Yes, says the quoll. I'll say, let's go folks.

You'll have to give me a reason, says the missing Tzeet brother.

Yes, says Skye. He came here to be on his own.

Until he heard about the reward, says the quoll. 

No one has to know that, says Barb. Let's just pretend he was missing.

Or checking out the lagoon, says the missing Tzeet brother. 

For woodchips, says Skye. In case you met someone.

Which I did, says the missing Tzeet brother, I met you.

Happy ending, says Skye. But I'm not nesting near this lagoon. That paperbark canoe creeps me out.

Stop talking! says Barb. I think the best thing to do is cut out the sound altogether.

Then how will anyone know why anyone does anything? asks the quoll.

I'll do a voiceover, says Barb.

It's agreed.

Where's your brother? asks Barb. He's supposed to be at the reunion.

He flew off, says Skye. I think he went to get Sweetheart.

We can't wait all day, says Barb.

Let's start back to the bird hide, says the quoll. We'll probably meet them half way.

Good idea, says Barb. I'll film you all from behind.

Ooh! says Skye. My feather!

The missing Tzeet brother helps her to stick it back in.


No comments: