Monday, December 25, 2023

Hidden Bicycle

What is it? asks Arthur.

We need a bicycle in this video, says Sweezus. But where, do you reckon?

Roll it again, says Arthur. 

Sweezus replays the video.

A bicycle doesn't fit naturally into this story, says Arthur. 

That's why we need your imagination, says Gaius. The point is, Vello won't publish it otherwise.

Okay, says Arthur. What about if you hide it?

What's the point of that? asks Lauren. No one'll know that it's there.

Yes they will, says Belle. If we tell them.

Yeah, says Sweezus. I'll add, like, a caption: Find the hidden bicycle!

And where will it be? asks Gaius.

Behind a tree, says Sweezus.

Whose bicycle is it? asks David. Not the birds. Not the quoll.

The person who made the video, says Sweezus. 

Who was it? asks Lauren.

A lady, says Gaius. But I believe she used her daughter's inflatable canoe.

What for? asks Lauren.

She canoed to the middle of the lagoon to speak with Du Fresne, says Gaius. It was Du Fresne who located the missing Tzeet brother. Du Fresne is a sea-faring lobster.

Lauren puts down her glass. That's it. No more absinthe. A lobster?

Why isn't he in it, this sea-faring lobster? asks Vello.

I could add him, says Sweezus. Or a look-alike.

Let's concentrate on the bicycle, says Vello. What have we decided? 

I could mention a bicycle in my notes, says Gaius. Then all this nonsense could be avoided.

And what would you write? asks Vello. 

That I rode my bicycle to Saint Kilda, where the Tzeets were first spotted. And that when the Tzeets had been located in Melaleuca, I rode my bicycle home.

Let me be honest, says Vello. That sounds somewhat pedestrian. I prefer a hidden bicycle that readers can be enticed into spotting.

I'm on it, says Sweezus. But first, I need a beer, and a couple of sardines.

There are only a few sardines left now, but then...

Surfing-with-Whales comes out of the kitchen with two giant pizzas.


No comments: