Monday, December 18, 2023

I Need It!

 It's a wrap! says Barb. 

She turns off the camera.

Can we see it? asks Skye.

Okay, says Barb. But it'll need editing.

Not my parts, says the quoll.

Not your parts, says Barb. You were good in that last scene. I did like your gesture.

What gesture? asks the missing Tzeet brother.

Didn't you see it? asks the quoll.

I saw it, says Sweetheart. He spread his front paws out like this.

I nearly fell out of the tree, says the quoll.

I thought so, says Sweetheart. But you recovered.

It brought the final scene together, says Barb. Shall I replay it?

Replay the whole thing, says the Tzeet brother.

They all gather round Barb's phone.

She presses play. 

First comes the scene where the Tzeet brother asks Sweetheart: Where is my brother? And flies off to look for some woodchips.

I thought I'd deleted that, says Barb.

Then comes the scene in which the missing Tzeet brother asks: Where is my brother? just as the quoll wanders by. The quoll offers to lead a search party, for ethical reasons, and his offer is accepted.

In the following scene, the quoll heads for the lagoon. Barb and Skye can be heard, discussing the fact the the missing brother is not there yet.

Must get rid of those voices, mutters Barb.

Then the scene where the quoll finds the missing Tzeet brother and goes off to find dinner, appearing in the next scene with a wet emu wren feather

Now the camera captures Skye flying stiffly with the emu wren feather stuck to her bottom.

I hate it! says Skye. I look gross and disgusting!

You look all right, says the missing Tzeet brother.

Is that all you can say? says Skye. I want to film that part again, without the feather.

But the feather's part of the narrative, says Barb. How about I film you flying towards me?

It'll look a lot nicer from the front, says Sweetheart.

Okay, says Skye. 

Let's watch the last scenes first, says Barb.

They watch the aerial reunion and the branch reunion, and the quoll's final theatrical gesture.

I wish we could keep both of those scenes in, says Sweetheart. They're both lovely.

True, says Barb. They are really lovely. 

Ring-ring! Barb gets a phone call from her daughter.

Mum! Where's my inflatable canoe? I need it!

Shit! says Barb. It's still in the boot! I'll be there in a jiffy.

She hurries off, turning only to say: Sorry, that was my daughter!

Looks like any subsequent filming is off.


No comments: