Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Weird, Super Weird

Ready? says Barb.

Ready, says the Tzeet brother.

Go! says Barb. She presses VIDEO, on her phone camera. The red light goes on.

O no! My brother is missing! says the Tzeet brother.

That sounded over-dramatic, says Barb.

No it didn't, says Sweetheart. That's just what he said.

Okay, says Barb. Continue. I'll delete my comment.

And mine, says Sweetheart.

And yours, says Barb. Go!

O no! my brother is missing! says the Tzeet brother.

What a shame! says Sweetheart. Perhaps he's been eaten. But meanwhile we need more rotten woodchips.

Okay, says the Tzeet brother. I'll get some.

He flies away.

Then what happened? asks Barb.

The lobster arrived, says Sweetheart. He was looking for the two brothers.

We have a problem, says Barb. No lobster.

I'll play the lobster, says the quoll.

You can't play the lobster, says Sweetheart. If you do, you can't play the quoll.

There is no getting round it.

Can we reenact it without the lobster? asks Skye. 

How? asks the missing brother. The lobster was the main character.

No, you were the main character, says Skye. And the quoll found you. What did the lobster do?

Okay, says Barb. I'll stop filming until we get this sorted. 

How about this? says the quoll. I walk past just as they're saying the brother is missing. I say, why don't I form a search party? They say yes why don't you, but you should know there is no reward. I say, a good deed is its own reward, and I go off towards the lagoon, where I find him.

Sounds good, says the missing brother. But you did expect a reward.

So did you, says the quoll.

And me says Skye, until I realised it was selfish.

Selfish, says the quoll. So we don't need to mention it. 

And don't forget, says Barb, this video we're making is everyone's reward. You'll all end up famous.

She's right, says Sweetheart. We don't want to look like we had ulterior motives.

Good, says Barb. Now everyone knows what they're doing, we'll start again from the beginning.

We can't, says Sweetheart. My partner flew off to reenact finding woodchips.

I don't have all day, says Barb.

I'l play him, says the missing Tzeet brother. No one will know I'm not my brother. 

That's weird, says Skye.

Super weird, says Sweetheart.

Do it, says Barb.

O no! my brother is missing! says the missing Tzeet brother.

What a shame! says Sweetheart. Perhaps he's been eaten.

The quoll strolls by, and makes his exemplary offer.


No comments: