Saturday, December 9, 2023

Sulking In The Bird Hide

What now? asks the missing Tzeet brother.

You build a nest together, says Sweetheart.

Where? asks Skye. I bet all the good places are taken.

Would you like to see ours? asks Sweetheart. 

Yes please, says Skye.

They fly off to inspect Sweetheart's hollow.

This is so nice, says Skye. You've made it all comfy.

Rotten woodchips, says Sweetheart's Tzeet partner. That's the secret.

I must remember that, says his missing brother.

I'll lay my eggs soon, says Sweetheart. Right there, in the corner, I've decided.

Can I try it? asks Skye.

Sure, says Sweetheart. But maybe first you should....

Too late. Skye has sat down in the comfy corner, forgetting the curly emu wren feather that she had earlier stuck in her tail.

Ooh! Something's hurting my bottom!

You've sat on your curly feather! says Sweetheart. I hope it's not ruined!

Skye stands up. Sweetheart examines her bottom.

The Tzeet brothers both look away.

All good, says Sweetheart. But you might not be able to ....you know.... for a while.

Already done it, says Skye.

The missing brother looks embarrassed.

Good one bro, says his brother.

Where did you get the curly feather? asks Sweetheart.

The quoll, says Skye. He'd just eaten an emu wren. He gave me its feather.

Aw, says Sweetheart. By the way, where is he, the quoll?

He seems to have vanished.

But no, he hasn't vanished.

He's sulking in the bird hide nearby.

No comments: