Friday, April 26, 2024

Like I'm Riding A Horse

How far is it? asks the Kroombit tinker.

Not far, says Terence.

Can I walk with Freddy? asks the Kroombit tinker. 

Freddy can't walk, says Terence.

Why? asks the Kroombit tinker.

He's made of chocolate, says Terence. He has to be careful.

I'd like to walk with you, says Freddy.

I could carry both of you, says Terence. One in each hand.

What about me? asks Greedy.

I could wear you, says Terence.

No one wears me, says Greedy.

It wouldn't be actual you, says Terence. You've got another glove inside you, remember?

O yes, says Greedy. Okay, put me on.

Terence puts Greedy on.

Ooh, says Greedy. 

Who do you want me to hold with the hand that's in you? asks Terence. Freddy or this guy?

I'm not a guy, says the Kroombit tinker. I'm a female.

A female. Freddy is glad. 

A beautiful one, says Freddy.

Thanks, says the Kroombit tinker. 

Greedy has decided she wants to hold the Kroombit tinker.

Because we're both girls, says Greedy. So it'll be nicer.

Terence picks up the Kroombit tinker with the hand that wears Greedy.

And Freddy in the other.

Now let's get going, says Terence. This mission is taking too long.

Wait! says Freddy.

Now what? asks Terence.

She wanted to walk with me, so we could talk, says Freddy. But I'm on this side and she's on that side with Greedy.

Her choice, says Terence. 

Could you walk with both hands close together? asks Freddy.

That would feel weird, says Terence.

He tries it.

It does feel weird. 

It looks like I'm riding a horse, says Terence.

How do you know? asks Freddy.

Because I once rode a pony, says Terence. 

How did that go? asks Freddy.

Good. I have perfect balance, says Terence. 

Greedy, the Kroombit tinker and Freddy are relieved to hear Terence has perfect balance.

Clouds sometimes pass over the moon. 

There are stones and roots to trip over.

And now, with both hands full, Terence can't use the torch.


No comments: