Wednesday, April 10, 2024

The Good Brain

Terence is at the window, with Freddy. 

No sign of Greedy.

I had an odd dream, says Gaius.

Was I in it? asks Terence.

Yes, says Gaius. And so was Greedy.

I forgot about Greedy! says Terence. Where is she?

In Katherine and Nerida's room, I imagine, says Gaius.

Can I go there? asks Terence.

It's too early, says Gaius. Wait a while.

Tell me about the dream, says Terence. Was Greedy talking again?

Yes, she was talking, says Gaius. 

What did she say? asks Terence.

That a cleaner found her and fixed her, says Gaius.

Yay! says Terence.

And left her in here, adds Gaius.

I'd better check, says Terence.

He puts Freddy down.

Waart! says Freddy.

What's wrong with Freddy? asks Gaius.

He wishes you dreamed about him, says Terence.

I did, earlier, says Gaius. He was swinging back and forth on a string in a forest.

Hear that, Freddy? says Terence. You were swinging back and forth in a forest.

Why? wonders Freddy. 

Can I go now? asks Terence.

Not yet, says Gaius. Wait another ten minutes.

Terence sits down.

How did the cleaner fix Greedy? asks Terence.

She put a new glove inside her, says Gaius. 

That was smart, says Terence.

But think about it, says Gaius. Why would a cleaner do that? That's how I knew it was a dream.

So who did it? asks Terence.

No one, says Gaius. My brain formed the idea.

It's a good brain! says Terence. Can I go now?

All right, says Gaius. I'll stay here with Freddy.

He opens the door for Terence.

Terence runs out.

Gaius gets back into bed for a few extra minutes. 

Freddy hopes Terence will come back with Greedy. 

Greedy, who needs a new glove inside her. If she already has one, what will she say?

And what will HE say? 

He decides it is time to improve his vocabulary. 


No comments: