Wednesday, July 15, 2009

15% Hetero

Well, I think I have sufficiently dug myself out of that hole. Or further into it. Time to change the subject.

Today I'm going to tell you how I learned to say "Oh! That's good!" in Swedish.

Many people turn up their noses at Twitter, but I like it. It encapsulates the comedie humaine, and sometimes gives you a surprise. One of the people I follow is Stephen Fry, who has over half a million followers, and does not follow me.

Yesterday he posted a link to stockholmpride, who will analyse your Twitterfeed and tell you how hetero you are, by looking at the words you use. I clicked on it, entered my Twitter name and was astonished to see the percentage counter fall rapidly to 15 %, and to read, "You're barely hetero at all. Don't you whish you've just got a few more points? To spice things up a bit? No? Alright."

I was very taken with this. The words I'd used that helped me gain that score were supa, Beulah, cabaret, broad and biscuit. These must not be words that hetero people use very much.

I received a black badge with my name, a rainbow, and "15 % hetero" on it, and the option to post it on my Facebook, which I did. It looked good amongst my relatives' Scrabble and Farkle scores, and their family snaps.

So pleased with it was I that I decided to draw further attention to it by posting a comment underneath. But what to say? Obviously something in Swedish. I don't know any Swedish, but you can google "Swedish for that's good", and get an answer. And that is how I learned to say "Oj! Det var bra!"

No comments: