Saturday, April 3, 2010

Jesus' Diary - Part 4

What do you think of this? asked Jesus next morning, showing me his diary.

Went to the beach with some friends, he had written. The tide was out. Saw some seagulls, walking on water. Or they may have been Crested Terns. Saw a girl swimming quite a way out. Hoped she wouldn't have her leg taken off by a shark. Later, saw her again and thought I may have been mistaken, she may have been a boy. Wondered if I would have had the thought about the shark if I'd thought I'd seen a boy.

That's good Jesus. Pliny would like the part about the Crested Terns. And I like your attempt at moral introspection. Do you think you may have gender issues?

No, I don't think so. But I did wonder. I would have had to see a boy swimming far out in the water to know the answer to that. Of course, if I had seen a boy and not had the thought about the shark, I still wouldn't know the answer. In fact I wouldn't even have thought of the question.

Jesus, I said. I can see that you are a very deep thinker. I think you should definitely keep up your diary.

I will, said Jesus. Thanks.

No comments: