Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Brainstorming

Le Bon David and The VeloDrone are brainstorming, in the office.

The VeloDrone: We need a new direction.

Le Bon David: Did we have an old direction?

The VeloDrone: Good question. We seemed to spend all our time avoiding angry, opinionated, jealous and manipulative contributors. And picnics.

Le Bon David: You have to admit we were successful, especially at avoiding Freud's picnic.

The VeloDrone: Nevertheless, I think it's time to take control. Let's choose someone we both admire and ask them to write an article for Velosophy.

Le Bon David: Excellent idea. I suggest Albert Einstein.

The VeloDrone: Yes! Didn't he get the Nobel Prize for discovering the Law of Photogenic Effect?

Le Bon David: I don't think so, Vello. He wasn't especially photogenic. Perhaps you mean the Law of Photoelectric Effect?

The VeloDrone: Perhaps I do. But David, I must take issue with you. Einstein was very photogenic. Haven't you seen that famous photograph of him riding his bicycle?

Le Bon David: I have. But do you know, when I first saw it I thought it was a photo of a lady.

The VeloDrone: A lady! What about his large moustache?

Le Bon David: The sun was shining down very brightly. It could have been a shadow on his lip. It was his windblown hair that made me think he was a lady.

The VeloDrone: For heaven's sake David, I'm going to google him right now and see if you are right......

He googles.

The VeloDrone: Oh, really! He's wearing an old man's cardigan and old man's trousers! I can't see how you made such a mistake.

Le Bon David: No, nor can I now. Not a word of this to Albert. Although it might be rather tricky if he brings it up.

No comments: