Thursday, April 1, 2010

Jesus' Diary - Part 2

We're going out for the day, I said to Pliny the Elder. You and Jesus will have to get your own lunch.

What can we have? asked Pliny.

Tomato sandwiches, I said. I'm afraid that's all there is. It's Good Friday and the shops are all closed.

I hate tomatoes, said Pliny sulkily.

I like them, piped up Jesus. And I know a way to make them taste especially nice. I see you have some basil out the back. May I use a bit?

You could learn a lesson from Jesus, I said to Pliny.

Pliny gave me a black look.

Late in the afternoon we arrived home to be greeted by the delicious scent of hot cross buns.

Oh, I said. Have you two been eating the hot cross buns?

Weren't we supposed to? asked Pliny.

No, it's fine. But what did Jesus think of his hot cross bun?

Very nice indeed! said Jesus. Better than the one I had last year. It was one of those choc chip ones. They just don't taste right without sultanas.

Yes, I said. I agree. And did you know that this year there is a new variety of hot cross bun, called mocha?

Mocker? said Jesus, looking shocked.

No comments: