Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Backspace

Einstein checks his inbox.

What's this? An invitation!

He reads it aloud:

Dear Albert,
As the editors of Velosophy, the well-known and prestigious philosophy/cycling magazine, we have much pleasure in inviting you to submit an article for publication. The article may be on any subject that interests you and which you think may be of interest to our readers. We would ask, however, that you include some reference to bicycles and ensure the tone is philosophical in nature. Please let us know as soon as possible if you are interested.
Yours sincerely,
Le Bon David and The VeloDrone.

Einstein is enchanted.

Goodness gracious! he says to himself. This is just the sort of project I've been looking for. I'll answer right away!

And he begins to type:

Dear Gentlemen,
It is with the greatest of pleasure that I accept your invitation to submit an article to your magazine, Velosophy. As you know, one of the great themes throughout my life and career has been the unification of concepts such as space and time, energy and mass, electric and magnetic forces, quantum physics and gravity, and even science and religion. But these concepts are now of little interest to me. I have long been searching for new concepts to unify. I have in mind, bicycles and graffiti. Oh pardon me, my backspace button is not working. I meant, bicycles and gravity.....no wait... I meant bicycles and photographity....oops no, not that, but wait, now that I think about it, perhaps the former would be infinitely more interesting.... or the latter for that matter...... Gentlemen, please await my further correspondence,
Yours faithfully,
AlbertE

And Einstein hits the send button.

No comments: