Sunday, April 4, 2010

Jesus' Diary - Part 5

What did you think of Jesus' diary? I asked Pliny the Elder, when Jesus had left the room.

I think he was wrong about the Crested Terns, said Pliny. I think they were Hooded Gulls.

Yes, but he's new at it, I said. And how about that story of the swimming girl ?

I found it quite alarming, said Pliny. But I suppose someone who is always nice on the surface has to be hiding dark thoughts.

That's unkind, Pliny, I said. Hey! Look . He's left his diary open on the table. Shall we see what he wrote this morning?

That would be wrong, said Pliny. But he shouldn't have left it open. And he did show us what he wrote yesterday.....

We looked at Jesus' second diary entry. Pliny began to read it aloud:

Easter Sunday. Picnic with my friends in the Botanic Park. There were two kinds of lemonade, one was called Lift. I like Lift............. ( here Pliny appeared to be choking )

Pliny! I said sharply. Stop laughing. And use a sensible vioce.

Alright, sorry, said Pliny. And he continued reading:

We all watched a television show last night about the Shroud of Turin. Very interesting. Nobody knows how the face got onto the cloth. My friends said it looked a bit like me. Couldn't see it myself. Nevertheless very intriguing. Well, time for me to go now. You have all been very kind. I'm leaving you the diary, read it in memory of me.......... By the Gods! spluttered Pliny. He knew!

No comments: