Thursday, October 4, 2012

I Hope He Doesn't Get In That Car

Where's Arthur going? asks Lavender.

To see his friend, says mum. I hope he doesn't get in that car.

Why? asks Lavender.

Never mind, says mum.

They all look in the direction of Paul Verlaine's car.

Arthur walks up to the driver's side.

The door opens. Arthur gets in.

Mum doesn't like this at all.

Reg, says mum, will you go over there and see what's happening? I'm worried about Arthur. And I'm worried about  Monsieur Verlaine. He was in a very strange mood. When I left him he was sitting in the driver's seat. But now Arthur's got in on that side.

What? says dad. You think Arthur's sitting on top of him?

Geez! says mum. I hope not.

The car starts up, and drives off in a cloud of red dust. It looks like Arthur is driving.

Oh no, says mum. Go after them Reg.

I can't, says Reg. My finger is throbbing like mad.

I'll go and get you some Stingose, says mum..

She runs over to the tent. It's just one thing after another, thinks mum.

Lavender and the twins are goggling at the size of dad's finger.

Dad! says Emma. It's huge!

And all PURPLE, says Irma. Poor dad.

Lavender thinks for a bit.

I don't think we should polish my zircon, says Lavender.

Just what I was going to say, says dad.

I might let Arthur look after it, says Lavender. I'll ask him when he comes back.

If he comes back, says Irma.

He has to come back, says Lavender.

For you, says Emma.

And the bike, says Lavender.

Look! he's coming back already! cries Emma. Wait, no.....it might not be them.....



No comments: