Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Masters Games

Gaius gets out of the Jeep. He believes fully in the powers of the zircon to protect him. He starts to take a pee.

Arthur gets out of the Jeep.

Arthur, get back in! says Gaius. I haven't finished.

Afraid of snakes? says Arthur, starting to pee.

They pee and pee, because they drank a lot of water.

There are no snakes in sight or anywhere.

They get back in the Jeep.

You see? says Arthur. There were no snakes.

Gaius thinks he knows the reason why.

Right, let's go, says Dr Yates, revving up the engine. The Jeep roars off down the Plenty Highway.

Is everyone going home when we get to Alice Springs? asks Dr Yates.

I suppose so, says Gaius. What about you, Ageless?

I am, says Ageless. What about you Arthur?

Yes, says Arthur. I'm catching up with Sweezus. He's going to take me surfing.

The reason I'm asking, says Dr Yates, is the The Masters Games are on this week in Alice. I thought you might be staying. There's Archery, BMX, Lawn Bowls, Swimming, Shooting, Hockey, Cycling.......

Cycling? says Gaius. I might stay for that. I already have a bicycle. I wonder if anyone I know is going in it?

........


Let us leave him wondering.

Tomorrow morning he will find out the happy truth.

The VeloDrone and Le Bon David have arrived in Alice Springs to take part in The Masters Games.


No comments: