Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I Red U Green O Blue

The concert is over. Nearly everyone has gone. Gaius remains sitting on the grass in the moonlight, humming snatches of song.

Hmm hmm hmm.....it's all over you, electric blue.... hmm hmm hmm....  on my KNEES.... hmmm hmm hmm ... just a vision of you, electric blue......

A good song, thinks Gaius. They don't write them like that any more.

Then there was Arthur. Whatever was that nonsense he'd performed? Ridiculous. Vowels having colours. And U before O. Whatever next? And no proper tune.

He wonders where Arthur is now.

Arthur is in a pub with Iva and the rest of the band. They are trying to talk him into coming on tour.

Arthur is saying No.

Iva is saying Just tell us why.

Arthur is saying Because I have to go surfing and furthermore...

And Iva is interrupting and saying You know you could become  a cult figure

But Arthur is continuing And I have been promised a meeting with Farky the dog.

And Iva is surprised into saying Farky! I think I've met him.

Which is very unlikely, Arthur thinks.

Then David and Vello walk into the pub.

Well done Arthur, says David. I did like your song.

So did I, agrees Vello. Interesting subject, synesthesia. Though I would not have said A was black. And I'm wondering why you put U before O.

Well, if you don't know....says Arthur.

Vello is miffed. He doesn't know.

Meanwhile Emma and Irma, festooned with Glo-sticks, are walking back to their hotel with mum and dad.

That concert was MEGA! says Irma. 'Specially ARTHUR.

I LOVE Arthur, says Emma. He's RAD!

Rad? says Mum. I haven't heard that word in ages. But he is rather cute.

The girls dance ahead chanting Arthur! Arthur ! We Love You! A Black E White I Red U Green O Blue!

Why U before O? wonders Dad.

But even mum doesn't know the answer.



No comments: