Saturday, November 8, 2014

All Property Is Theft

How will we get there? asks Arthur.

I haven't made plans, says Gaius.

How did you get here? asks Belle et Bonne.

Katherine's car, says Gaius. She went off with Kong Fu-Zi. I suppose she's not back yet.

We could use it, says Arthur.

That would be wrong, says Rosamunda.

So. You don't want to go now? says Arthur.

Dismal Swamp. What do you think? says Rosamunda.

Don't be fooled by the name, says Arthur. There's a giant slide there. We were going before, but it was shut for the winter.

It's the world's only natural blackwood forest sink hole, says Gaius. I intend to write a paper. I have no interest in slides. But you young people....

I like slides, says Terence. I LOVE them.

Then why not go with them, says Sweezus.

Terence looks at Karl Marx.

If Grandpa comes too, says Terence.

He's busy, says Sweezus.

I have work to do here, says Karl Marx. Otherwise I should like to visit your sink hole. I presume it is run on capitalist principles.

You have to pay to go in, says Gaius.

Exactly, says Marx.

So are you coming? says Terence. Please Grandpa.

Terence, says Belle et Bonne. He can't be your Grandpa. Or Sweezie's. Because.....

Sweezus frowns. He's not into family relationships. Where is this going?

Belle stops. Better not to go there.

Surfing-With-Whales' brain works slowly, but it does work, as we shall see now.

Hey, says Surfing-With-Whales, if you're going by car, can I get a lift with you? I have to be in Melbourne tomoz.

Tomoz instead of tomorrow. Casual. As though he doesn't mind one way or the other.

Certainly, says Gaius.

Perhaps you should ask Katherine first, says Belle.

Katherine? says Gaius. Yes yes, I shall leave her a note. But really we must be off and start packing. Come on Arthur. And you Rosamunda, and you, Surfing-With-Whales. What a fine party. I do feel invigorated.

Gaius and his party head off, down to the car park.

Aw, says Terence.

Go on then, says Sweezus. Don't let us hold you back.

Terence takes one last look at Sweezus, his old alter ego, and Marx his Grandpa.

Bossy old self-centred bird and slide hating bum holes.

Not like Gaius and Arthur.

He stomps off down the stairs.

No comments: