Thursday, June 16, 2016

Power And Go

Bunyip has two pubs. One at the top end (Top Pub) and one at the bottom end (Bottom).

Gaius is in Bottom Pub, waiting for Arthur to come back with the floss and a pencil.

With him are Terence, the Elegant Parrot and the Green Grocer Cicada.

Green Grocer Cicada: Now, for some answers.

Terence: And some seeds!

Elegant Parrot: Yes. The seeds first. I'm starving.

Gaius: Wait till Arthur comes back.

Green Grocer Cicada: Seeds won't help me.

Terence: Aren't you starving too?

Green Grocer Cicada: No. I need sorting out.

Terence: Gaius is doing it.

Gaius: What's this? What am I doing?

Elegant Parrot: No, he evidently isn't. What's the trouble, grasshopper?

Green Grocer Cicada: I keep thinking.

Terence: Me too.

Green Grocer Cicada: But I'm thinking about an important life question.

Elegant Parrot: Don't tell me. Let me guess. Is it "then what"?

Green Grocer Cicada: It is. Am I wasting my time?

Terence: Yes! Let's go and ask for some seeds!

There are a couple of backpackers at the next table eating wedges with sauce and sour cream.

They have been listening.

I've got some seeds, in my back pack, says one of the back packers. Do you want some for your parrot?

Yes, please, says Terence. Is that sauce?

Yep, says the second back packer. Want one of our wedges?

Yay! says Terence. A wedge dipped in red sauce!

The first back packer opens her back pack and takes out a sealed plastic container.

It's Power and Go, she says.  Here, take a handful.

Terence takes a handful, in one hand. The other hand is holding the wedge dipped in sauce.

Wow, says the second back packer. You've got a claw instead of a finger.

I know, says Terence. My blood brother has my finger. I have his claw.

This is the first the Elegant Parrot has heard of Terence's blood brother.

A less high minded parrot would be jealous.

Instead she accepts it, and the Power and Go seeds.

Merci! Nibble nibble.

But the Green Grocer Cicada is not sorted. He is still thinking, two weeks, THEN WHAT?

Arthur enters Bottom Pub, followed by Sweezus.

Got you some floss, says Arthur, pulling the short length out of his pocket and handing it to Gaius.

Thank you, says Gaius. It's shorter than I expected.

None the less, Gaius easily flosses the chunk of lead pencil out from between his front teeth.

And a pen, says Arthur. They didn't have a pencil.

Hmm, Gaius looks dubious. Health Partners. A pen. Not a pencil.

He always has pencils.

Still, they are in a hurry. Time to leave, if they want to make Moe by nightfall.

Sorted the cicada? asks Sweezus.

Not exactly, says Gaius. He's got the miseries.

I'll sort him, says Arthur. You take the parrot.

Gaius is happy with that, now his teeth have stopped hurting.

He drops the floss on the table. Shoulders the parrot.

Arthur picks up the floss.


No comments: