Monday, January 16, 2017

Extra Brain Work

Monday is a rest day. But no one needs a rest (yet).

David and Vello are showing Marcel Duchamp round Victoria Square (Tardanyangga - Red Kangaroo Dreaming).

Marcel Duchamp stops under the statue of Queen Victoria, and takes a photo.

You surprise me, says David. This statue is the epitome of the conventional.

Exactly, says Marcel Duchamp. And I am standing below it, seeing a Red Kangaroo Tail.

I see it, says Vello.

I don't, says David.

I visualise it, flicking out from under her voluminous robes, says Vello.

That's not where I see it, says Marcel Duchamp.

There, I knew it, says David. There is no Red Kangaroo Tail.

The point is, says Marcel Duchamp..... do I really need to explain it?

You do for him, says Vello. Not for me. In fact, let me .....

Go ahead, says Marcel Duchamp. His attention has already been caught by the Victoria Square fountain. He heads over.

Well? says David.

Conceptual art requires extra brain work, says Vello.

There is no TAIL, says David. Not a Red one, not a Kangaroo one. How is anyone supposed to know what the Artist is thinking?

He's exploring that notion, says Vello. Oh look, he's got up on the rim of the the fountain!

They hurry over. Not wanting their artistic team mate to fall into the actual water.

.....

That is not all that happens on Monday. This happens:

Gaius arrives home, to an empty garden shed.

His racing bicycle is missing.

He calls Arthur.

Actually, says Arthur, Diego has it. We thought you weren't coming.

That's fine, says Gaius. I'll ride Schopenhauer's bike. It has no power over me whatsoever.

Understandable, says Arthur. But have you talked to Vello? Team Philosophe had to find a new rider.

Saturn's Sausages! says Gaius. Does this mean I've come home early for nothing?

Not necessarily, says Arthur.

.....

Also this happens:

Peter Sagan is looking at the weather report for Tuesday.

Peter Sagan: Thirty nine degrees centigrade!

He makes a sour face.

......

And this happens:

A group of riders has come to complain to Mike Turtur

Mike Turtur: What's the problem, exactly?

Geraint Thomas: A parrot on a bicycle.

Tom-Jelte Slagter: And two unaccompanied wheels.

Giovanni Visconti: No, the wheels had spiders inside them.

Tom-Jelte Slagter: Woohoo, Giovanni! Sharp eyes!

Cameron Meyer: Yeah, and some of the guys are saying.....

Mike Turtur: What?  What are they saying?/

Cameron Meyer: That it's the Parrot Team. You know, THE PARROT TEAM?

Mike Turtur: Let me check the registrations.......hm...hm... no, no Parrot Team, but I'll put out an alert with the other team officials. Now off you go, boys, and don't worry.

Geraint Thomas: Don't worry, he says. I knew nothing would happen.

No comments: