Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Fun Guy

Later that night, back at the Velosophy office.

Eating Uber Eats pizzas, ordered from Tony Tomatoes.

My treat, says Vello. Everyone did a great job. Here, David, try this one.

What is it? asks David.

Flying Anchovy, says Vello.

I want some, says Terence.

You don't eat pizza, says Belle.

I'm happy with this one, says David. Fun Guy. An amusing name for a pizza with mushrooms.

You're easily amused, says Vello. How's yours, Gaius?

Unadventurous, says Gaius. A plain Margherita.

Wah! says Terence. That was Nobby's favourite.

That's MY favourite, says Saint Roley.

We left Nobby behind! says Terence. Someone should take him some pizza.

No one's taking Nobby pizza, says Belle. He's got to wait in the Garden to be replanted.

He'll DIE! says Terence.

He won't die, says Elodie. He's tied up tightly with string.

That's worse! says Terence.

Not for him, says Elodie. The string'll keep his moisture in.

So you know about gardening too, says Arthur, wiping pulled pork from his chin.

I'll go and check on Nobby, says Celia.

If you're going, says Vello, could you check on the spades?

The spades! says David. We forgot to collect them!

There weren't many left, says Vello, but there might be one or two in the sink hole.

I'll check, says Celia, flying off, with a slice of Margherita.

So what's everyone's plans now? asks Sweezus.

You'll be busy in the office, says Vello. We've got a magazine to put out.

I'm going to Western Australia, says Gaius. Elodie and Shu are coming with me. And of course, Arthur.

Arthur scowls. He doesn't want to.

And me, says Terence.

Not you, says Gaius.

Seeking tiny spiders, says David. What an adventure. You know, I might just come too.

You! scoffs Vello. You're no adventurer.

You're welcome to come, says Gaius. As long as you pay your own way.

Naturally, says David. Yes, I'm going to do this. Have you booked a hotel?

Of course he hasn't, says Belle. He's expecting Arthur to do it, and Arthur won't do it, and you'll end up camping.

I like camping, says Elodie.

So do I, says Terence.

No you don't, says Sweezus.

David can't remember when he last went camping.

Does he like camping?

He looks at the remains of the pizza.

And finds inspiration.

David Hume, Flying Anchovy?

Maybe not that one.

Fun Guy.

No comments: