Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Come And Go Like Water

Which is the best parrot? asks Terence.

Best parrot, says Jinjing, in a parrot voice.

Mouldy, says Chen. Mouldy is the best parrot.

Want to swap parrots? asks Terence.

No, she doesn't, says Mouldy. You forget you don't own me.

Has Terence kidnapped you? asks Chen.

No, says Mouldy. I am independent. I have my own disguise and my own passport. Also my own bicycle. It's in the overhead locker.

Wow! says Chen. How do you ride it?

It's not his, says Terence.

Not his, says Jinjing.

Are YOU independent? asks Mouldy.

Independent, says Jinjing.

He isn't, says Chen. I would swap him for Mouldy, but Mouldy would have to agree, because he's independent.

What's on offer? asks Mouldy.

I live in Hong Kong with my parents, says Chen. It's very dangerous.

So I believe, says Gaius. Although let's hope the danger is temporary.

Mouldy likes danger, says Terence, And your parrot probably doesn't.

I'll answer for myself, says Mouldy. I do like danger. I learned that when I lived underwater.

I thought you learned acceptance, says P. krameri.

That too, says Mouldy. Anyway, what sort of danger?

The streets are full of policemen and umbrellas says Chen. The umbrellas have protesters under them. They come and go just like water.

That sounds like my cup of tea, says Mouldy, I will swap with Jinjing, if Jinjing is willing.

Jinjing is willing, says Jinjing.

Really?

It becomes increasingly obvious that Jingjing is faulty.



No comments: