Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Two Parrot Passports

Well, Mouldy, says Gaius. We thought we had lost you.

I was under the table, says Mouldy. In the café. Amongst all the feet.

Not mine, says Terence.

I could see yours above me, says Mouldy. Then they went off.

That was when I went to the railing, to get a new parrot, says Terence.

Me, says P. krameri.

Were you scared? asks Terence.

Of course not, says Mouldy. I've been left behind before. Remember Lake Clifton?

And we came back for you, says Terence. You were in the water.

Learning acceptance, says Mouldy.

Acceptance! You don't have much get up and go, says P krameri.

At that stage I didn't have a bicycle, says Mouldy.

You still don't, says Terence. It's not yours.

Biscuits? says Isidore.

Yes please, says Gaius.

Isidore goes into the kitchen for biscuits.

I miss my friends, says Mouldy. When are we going back to Australia?

We must talk about that, says Gaius. There might be a problem with P. krameri.

What's this? A problem? asks Isidore coming back with a plate of almond macarons.

We could get him a parrot passport, says Gaius. But that might take some time.

I can organise a parrot passport, says Isidore. One of the advantages of working at the Museum of Natural History.

He can't wait to get rid of me, says P. krameri.

Not at all, says Isidore, offering him a biscuit.

P. krameri takes the biscuit.

Mouldy wants one, says Terence.

Mouldy is offered a biscuit.

Not a BISCUIT! says Terence. A parrot passport.

The biscuits are withdrawn.

Almond macarons. Mouldy would have liked one.

Mouldy travels as an inanimate object, says Gaius. As such, he does not need a passport.

What are the advantages of travelling as an animate object? asks Mouldy.

You get your own seat, says Terence.

I could get two parrot passports, says Isidore. If that would be useful.

Might be more trouble than it's worth, says Gaius. We'd need to make Mouldy look like a parrot.

I'll do it! cries Terence.

Mouldy wonders if it is worth letting Terence make him look like a parrot, to get his own seat.

No comments: