Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Queue For The Yellow Container

Hey! says Terence. This isn't the ocean.

They are back at Le Jardin des Plantes.

Never said it was, says the parakeet.

Mystery of the Ocean, says Terence. You said it.

And what does Mystery mean? asks the parakeet.

Terence knows the answer.

Singing.

Not singing, says the parakeet. Why did you say that?

Not singing exactly, says Terence. But you can sing if you like.

Why would I? asks the parakeet.

While you think about the Mystery, says Terence.

Sing then, says the parakeet.

Terence sings:

Where is the ocean where is it
Where?

That was short, says the parakeet.

You can keep on singing it, says Terence. And it doesn't have to be the ocean. It can be Where is my toolbox?

Wow! says the parakeet. I must remember that. Where is my toolbox?

I hid it, says Terence.

I don't have a tool box, says the parakeet.

Saint Joseph did, says Terence.

By now they have arrived at the Paleontology Gallery and stopped in front of a yellow container.

There is a queue of young children, aged four to eleven, outside the container, about to go in.

Hello, says one of the children. Come in with me. My sister started vomiting, so I have to go in by myself.

Where's the ocean? asks Terence.

It's the seabed, says the child. Not the ocean. We have to look for clues left by mysterious creatures.

Told you, says the parakeet.

Okay, says Terence. I'll go in with her.

I'm Nénette, says the child.

He's Terence, says the parakeet. I'm P. krameri.

No way, says Terence.

Are you coming in too? asks Nénette.

Seen it before, says the parakeet (P. krameri).

Tickets please, says a ticket attendant.

Nénette gives him her ticket.

The attendant looks at Terence.

What? says Terence.

He doesn't need a ticket, says the parakeet (P. krameri) to the attendant. He's a nephew of Isidore's.

D'accord, says the attendant. Welcome to Octopus 2.

Woo hoo! The young oceanauts enter the yellow container.


No comments: