Friday, June 18, 2021

Rare White And Stiff

The rare white kiwi remains frozen.

You scared it, says the kakapo.

Sorry, says Arthur.

That 'sorry' was for you, rare white kiwi, says the kakapo. You can unfreeze now.

The rare white kiwi blinks at the kakapo. 

I wasn't scared, says the rare white kiwi. It was a normal reaction.

It's not a normal reaction, says the kakapo. If someone takes my picture, I pose.

Freezing is posing, says the rare white kiwi.

Let's see the photo, says the kakapo.

Arthur shows her the photo.

Now show him, says the kakapo.

The rare white kiwi looks at the photo of himself, for almost a minute.

Well? says the kakapo. Notice anything?

No, says the rare white kiwi. 

You look STIFF! says the kakapo.

I am stiff, says the rare white kiwi.

No you're not, says the kakapo. You're not stiff now.

I was then, says the rare white kiwi. So the photo is natural.

Take one of me, Arthur, says the kakapo.

Arthur obliges.

Now look at this photo of me, says the kakapo. Note the difference.

They all look at the photo that Arthur has taken of the kakapo.

Your head looks too big, says the kiwi.

That's the angle, says Arthur. I could take another one.

They hear a whistle. It's probably Gaius.

Arthur blows an answering whistle.

Gaius looms up from the darkness.

Arthur! says Gaius. I thought I heard voices. What have we here? A kakapo! And a rare white kiwi! Well done! I've had no success whatsoever.

Well, you have now, says Arthur. I'll leave you with these guys.

Don't go! says the kakapo. I want a new photo.

I'll take your photo, says Gaius. I have a knack for such things.

I'll head back to the bunkhouse, says Arthur.

Why the hurry? asks Gaius.

To find you a pencil, says Arthur.

Gaius feels in his pocket.

No pencil.

Trust Arthur to know.


No comments: