Saturday, December 31, 2022

Intelligence Or Lucky Guesses

 Saint Roley? says Roo-kai.

Yes, Saint Roley, says Gaius. Tell us his story.

There is no such saint, says Roo-kai.

Wrong! says Terence.

But true, says Arthur. You named him Saint Roley.

Yes, I did, says Terence. So Saint Roley is such a saint, and Roo-kai is wrong.

Pfaa! says Roo-kai. Not a real one.

He's looking more alert now, says Gaius.

What happened to Saint Roley?

Floated away, says Roo-kai.

Wrong! says Terence. That was his...

Wait! says Gaius. Let's see if Roo-kai remembers.

His brother, says Roo-kai.

This is promising, says Gaius.

Or a lucky guess, says Arthur.

True, says Roo-kai. I did guess it.

He guessed it! says Terence.

Which suggests intelligence, says Gaius.

Thank you, says Roo-kai. 

Shall we continue? asks Gaius. 

Ask me another question, says Roo-kai.

Where to? asks Terence.

What? says Roo-kai.

Where did he float to? asks Terence.

No one knows, to this day, says Roo-kai.

I think we can safely say this bird knows the story, says Gaius.

What if the fake Roo-kai knows the story? says Terence.

A possibility, says Gaius.

Ask him about Buster, says Terence.

I know nothing about any Buster, says Gaius.

Which doesn't mean you're not the real Gaius, says Roo-kai.

Ha ha! Good one! laughs Terence.

What do you know about Buster? asks Gaius.

Buster... Buster.... says Roo-kai.

That's not enough, says Terence.

Wait, says Roo-kai. It's coming back now. 

Did he run into a tree on purpose? asks Terence. And did I fall off? And then did Madame Ponty say I couldn't have a certificate? And then did you help me steal one?

Let me guess, says Roo-kai.

It's him, says Gaius. His sense of humour is back.

How do you know? asks Terence.


No comments: