Sunday, January 1, 2023

Thank The Vinegar

Thank you for restoring my memory, says Roo-kai.

Don't thank me, thank the vinegar, says Gaius.

Can I try some? asks Terence.

What have you forgotten? asks Gaius.

How do I know? asks Terence.

I suppose there's no harm in it, says Gaius. But go easy on the vinegar. 

Okay, says Terence. 

Terence carefully takes the top off the vinegar bottle, and tips some onto his finger.

He wipes his finger under his nose.

And waits to remember.

Anything? asks Roo-kai.

Give me some clues, says Terence.

Two frogs and a carrot, says Roo-kai.

Yes! says Terence. I remember! Quiet-tartus and the knowlesi! Where are they?

Returned to their habitats, says Gaius. With such tales to tell!

Like the carrot, says Terence.

Not really, says Arthur. The carrot disintegrated.

Alas, says Roo-kai.

Arthur takes the chocolate bar from his pocket, and unwraps it.

Where did you find that? asks Gaius.

In the pantry, says Arthur. Want half?

I'd forgotten it, says Gaius.

Have some vinegar, says Terence.

It is now that he knocks over the bottle.

Approximately 30 mls of vinegar (all there was) spills onto the table and drips to the floor.

Causing Gaius to remember certain things.

Most importantly, he has invited Vello, David and Pierre-Louis Maupertuis for dinner.

He checks his wall calendar. Yes, it's tonight!

And now he is all out of vinegar! 

He'd better go shopping.


No comments: