Monday, December 19, 2022

Tree And Pony In Question

We need to warm up, says Madame Ponty. I'll make the cocoa.

I'll clear the table, says Belle.

Saint Méen peers out of the window.

You've left the outside light on, says Saint Méen.

Perhaps you'd like to turn it off for me, says Madame Ponty.

Where's Roo-kai? asks Terence. 

We'll find him, says Saint Méen.

He and Terence go outside. 

Saint Méen looks about for the light switch.

Wait, says Terence. Roo-kai might be coming.

They wait. But Roo-kai isn't coming.

Saint Méen turns the outside light off.

Perhaps Roo-kai feels unwanted, says Saint Méen. You left him alone in the tree.

He went there, says Terence.

He may feel bad, says Saint Méen.

He never feels bad, says Terence.

Maybe you just think that, says Saint Méen.

But he doesn't, says Terence.

Saint Meen wonders what Terence means by 'But he doesn't'.

Doesn't feel bad or doesn't think so. They are not quite the same.

He need not reply, however, as Roo-kai manifests himself at this moment.

Roo-kai! says Terence. I got my certificate!

Good for you, says Roo-kai. But I lost my beanie.

You can get another one, says Terence.

No he can't, says Saint Méen. It was only on loan. It must be returned by the morning.

I had it on when I flew over Buster, says Roo-kai.

Did you have it on when I slid off? asks Terence.

I think so, says Roo-kai. Then I flew into a tree.

Did it hurt? asks Terence.

I'm a bird, says Roo-kai. Not a helicopter.

Ha ha ! laughs Terence.

So the beanie has probably caught on a branch in the tree, says Saint Méen. How low were you?

Low enough to have a nice converstion with Buster, says Roo-kai.

I wonder, says Saint Méen, if Buster has found it?

And eaten it, says Terence.

I sincerely hope not, says Saint Méen.

He turns the light back on, and starts hurrying towards the tree and the pony in question.


No comments: