Saturday, September 16, 2023

Red Lips With Seeds

Curses! says Gaius. They've gone the wrong way!

Too bad, says Terence. Maybe they'll come back when they notice.

Perhaps, says Gaius. But I wish they had waited. My map has more details.

Can I help? asks Waca.

Not unless you can fly, says Gaius.

Roo-kai can fly, says Terence.

Why didn't I think of that? says Gaius. Where is he?

Looking for molluscs, says Terence. I'll run after him.

Swallow that strawberry first, says Gaius. On second thoughts, leave it with me.

Too late! Terence swallows the strawberry and sets off down the beach to where Roo-kai and Camus are looking for molluscs.

I have a penchant for seafood, Camus is saying.

Who doesn't? says Roo-kai.

Some don't, says Camus. Some are allergic.

That would be terrible, says Roo-kai. 

He pokes his beak into the sand where a bubble is rising.

Mussels, says Camus. In a rich bouillabaisse. With baby octopi. 

You've lost me, says Roo-kai, cracking open a pipi.

Eee! goes the pipi.

This is when Terence arrives.

Guess what! says Terence. 

You've been running, says Roo-kai.

And? says Terence.

Eating a strawberry, says Roo-kai. You've got  red lips with tiny seeds in the corners.

Like a girl! says Terence. No I haven't!

He wipes a hand across his red lips. 

Now what do I look like?

Normal, says Roo-kai. 

Come to help us look for molluscs? asks Camus.

No! Terence remembers what he has come for.

The orange-belly parrots flew off !

Good for them, says Camus. That shows they have courage.

No it doesn't, says Terence. They went the wrong way!

Which way? asks Roo-kai. Perhaps I can catch them.

That way, says Terence, pointing northwards. 

Roo-kai flies off, in that direction.

So much for that, says Camus. I was hoping to find some fresh mussels.

Ha ha! laughs Terence.

They plod back to Gaius and Waca.

I heard what happened, says Camus.

They flew off precipitately, says Gaius. Where is Roo-kai?

Already flying after them, says Camus.

Excellent, says Gaius. 

Guess what? says Terence. Camus wants new muscles!

Mussels, says Camus. Fresh mussels. It was just a thought. They'd go well with the Cheezels and Twisties.

Tch! says Gaius, taking another bite of his apple.

Cheezels and Twisties!

But fresh mussels might have been nice.


No comments: