Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Choosing Oblivion

I'm sure Greedy doesn't like it, says Belle.

I would like it, says Terence.

If someone blew you up and then let your air out before you could finish your sentence? asks Iris.

Yes, says Terence. I wish someone would do it to me.

Okay, says Iris. I'll pretend to blow you up, and when I stop, say something quickly, before I poke you.

Terence thinks this will be fun.

Iris pretends to blow him up.

Now he has to say something quickly.

But what?

She pokes him.

Too late! says Iris. How did you like it?

I wasn't ready, says Terence.

Nor was Greedy, says Belle.

Do it again, says Terence. This time I'll be ready.

Iris blows him up again. He is ready.

I choo! says Terence.

That's exactly what Greedy said, says Belle.

That proves he liked it, says Terence.

Gaius has been listening.

Interesting that Greedy said I choo, says Gaius.

And that I said I choo, says Terence. 

That is less interesting, says Gaius. But I choo was what Pinky said. Remember Pinky?

Pinky! says Terence.

Yes, says Gaius. She said I choo just before her air petered out.

Did you ever find out what she meant by it? asks Belle.

Yes, says Gaius. It meant 'I choose oblivion'.

How awful, says Belle. Who worked that out?

Kobo, says Gaius. They became friends after Kobo taught her to to speak without moving her lips.

Greedy had been feeling quite flat, lying there empty.

But he feels better now!


No comments: