Saturday, February 10, 2024

Closing His Opening

Let's see how poor Greedy is doing.

Gaius enters his kitchen with Terence.

Kobo! calls Terence.

Kobo doesn't answer.

She's probably reading, says Gaius. Leave Greedy on the table, and help me learn my lines.

No, says Terence. Greedy first. We have to ask Kobo.

Kobo is reading The Art Of The Glimpse.

She finishes one of the stories.

What is it? asks Kobo. I'm reading one hundred Irish short stories.

You have to stop and help Greedy, says Terence.

Is that pink rubber glove Greedy? asks Kobo.

YES! says Terence. And you love pink rubber gloves!

I only loved one of them, says Kobo. She and I went to Weipa and ran on the beach together, fulfilling a dream inspired by Picasso.

In a wagon, says Gaius. Yes I remember. Who pulled it?

Ageless, says Kobo. But only under duress.

Those were good times, says Gaius. 

These are better, says Terence. Greedy needs to learn how to talk without flopping. Then he can be my plump hand.

He? says Kobo.

Not necessarily, says Gaius. Greedy could be a female. Why not?

I'll test him, says Kobo. Put him up here.

Gaius puts Greedy on the window sill, beside Kobo.

Gaius wonders how she will determine his sex.

So does Greedy.

Tell me how you identify, says Kobo.

Of course Greedy can't answer.

Blow him up a little, says Kobo, and close his opening.

Gaius blows Greedy up.

Greedy has a brainwave.

I choo! says Greedy.

Keep him closed, says Kobo. I have further questions

It doesn't work that way, says Gaius. Air comes out when he speaks.

That's why he needs you to train him, says Terence.

Or her, says Gaius.

Huuuu... says Greedy.

What do you choo? asks Kobo. Oblivion?

Phee... says Greedy. 

Good answer, says Kobo,.  I suppose you mean phee-male. I'll be happy to help you.

Yippee! cries Terence. 

Greedy thinks it's a small price to pay.


No comments: