Sunday, November 29, 2009

Existence

Take today. I'm in the car, a passenger. We need to get some petrol. I rifle through my petrol vouchers. Three of them are out of date. I screw them up. I don't have anywhere to put them. I hold them in my hand until we get to where were going. It's an industrial complex. I toss them in a Hippo Bin.

We're meeting a man there. He's going to give us some things. They are in cardboard boxes. You'd better look inside, says the man. One of the boxes contains cds and paper instructions, and a gold bottle top. I get the gold bottle top to hold. I hold the bottle top all the way to the Fish Factory, which is our next stop. There's a winged shield on the bottle top, or a winged helmet, if you look at it the other way up. It's sharp and cuts into my palm. At the Fish Factory I toss it in the bin near the door.

Now I'm handsfree again. But we still haven't got the petrol. We stop at a petrol station. I look through my petrol vouchers and discover another one that's expired. I screw it up. There's a bin but it's for paper towels. I clutch the screwed up voucher in my hand all the rest of the way home.

No comments: