Monday, November 23, 2009

Something To Do

Your front garden looks very tidy, said Pliny the Elder, walking up the path.

Yes, I've pulled up all this grass, I said.

You deserve a grass crown, said Pliny, smiling.

What's that? I asked.

Oh, we used to award them to generals who had accomplished great deeds, said Pliny. And we didn't award them lightly.

Will you make me one? I asked.

Oh no, I am far too busy, said Pliny.

Why, what are you doing?

I'm continuing my investigations, said Pliny mysteriously.

Into the bicycles on Dover Street?

Yes, and I believe I am close to solving the puzzle, he said, looking up and down the road to see if anyone was eavesdropping.

How? I asked.

By the use of the street directory, google maps and the internet, not to mention some very tedious footwork and a great deal of standing, or perhaps I should say lurking, behind trees under cover of night.

Oh Pliny, how thrilling! And will you tell me what you know so far?

No, said Pliny.

Not even a clue? I said pleadingly.

Well, said Pliny, relenting. I believe it has something to do with the New Life Community Church.

No comments: