Monday, April 4, 2011

Just the Zeitgeist

Red! said Frog. I'm going red? I knew I felt funny.

Calm down, said Baby Pierre. You're only a pale shade of orange. And you're still green on top.

It's this sunshine, said Frog. I'm going under a tree. And by the way, did I hear you say Sweezus just now?

Yes you did, said Baby Pierre. I was surprised when I saw you'd changed colour.

But I thought you were an atheist and free thinker, said Frog.

So? said Baby Pierre.

Nothing, said Frog. I was just surprised that's all.

Being an atheist and free thinker, said Baby Pierre, does not preclude one from using euphemistic non-blasphemous exclamations.

Yes it does, said Frog.

Not if you can't help it, said Baby Pierre. Some things just slip out.

I know, said Frog. But why do they slip out?

Oh it's just the zeitgeist, said Baby Pierre dismissively. Now, what are we going to do about you? Are you going to sit under that tree or are you coming with me to find the library?

We may as well push on, said Frog. How do I look now?

You look like a toad, said Baby Pierre unkindly.

No comments: