Thursday, April 7, 2011

Who is The Middle-Aged Lobster?

The middle-aged lobster stopped. He glanced back at Baby Pierre and Frog.

It's closing time, boys, he said. Didn't you know?

Oh, said Baby Pierre, disappointed. We were hoping to look in a mirror.

Were you indeed? said the lobster. May I ask why?

My friend wants to monitor the progress of his ...umm... Baby Pierre trailed off.

Advancing decrepitude, said Frog. May as well say it.

You look like a perfectly ripe tomato to me, said the lobster. I wouldn't worry about it. Now boys, I'm going to an event across town. It's at the Royal Science Institution. There will be a discussion on the topic of Synthetic Biology, food, drink and best of all, clicker pads. Would you like to come along?

We don't have tickets, said Baby Pierre.

You can come in with me. You are both small. I could secrete you under my hat, said the middle aged lobster. And once inside, we can share the same seat.

What sort of hat is it? asked Baby Pierre, with mounting suspicion.

A red one, said the lobster.

And is your name Ageless? asked Baby Pierre.

I go by that name, admitted the lobster.

Wow! said Frog.

No comments: