Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Power of Beauty

Everyone in the Blue Group was impressed with Frog. A tomato that recognised a quote from Nietszche!

Of course, said Frog. Nietszche was referring to Christian morality, not life forms, synthetic or otherwise. I believe that I myself contain the seeds of my own propagation. Furthermore, I feel my time is near. Therefore do not think me rude if I leave you prematurely. Let me remind you before I go that you have only two minutes left to come up with a list of three policy issues to present to the assembled groups downstairs. Goodbye, my friends.

And Frog left the table, his dignity intact.

Downstairs he found Ageless and Baby Pierre already sitting at their table.

You look very red, said Baby Pierre. What happened?

Nothing, said Frog. Can we go home now?

No, said Ageless. It's clicker pad time! Are we hopeful, sceptical or alarmed about the future of Synthetic Biology? What do we think, boys? We've got one vote between
us.

You decide, said Baby Pierre. I think Frog needs to go home.

Oh, said Ageless, clicking on 'alarmed'. Drat! I meant to click on 'hopeful'!

Did you? said Frog. Does that mean you've changed your mind?

Yes, said Ageless. There was such a pretty young lady in my group.

No comments: