Friday, April 15, 2011

Squelch!

Ageless looked.

The first thing he saw was Kobo.

How beautiful she is, he whispered. What a curvaceous hinge. What creamy....

Never mind her! hissed Baby Pierre. Look on the other side of the flowers. There's a new Frog!

Ageless stirred himself from his reverie, and extended his gaze. There was indeed a new Frog, slightly bigger than the old Frog, and younger.

What's going on? called Frog faintly, from below.

Nothing, answered Baby Pierre.

He turned to Ageless.

Should we tell him?

No we shouldn't, said Ageless. It would break his little red heart. I'll deal with it. Well, I'm off now. Bye bye, Baby Pierre dear boy, come and see me in the Library, any time, except Easter when the Library will be closed.

So you're not coming in? said Baby Pierre.

No, said Ageless. And don't tell Kobo I was here.

As if, said Baby Pierre. Well I'll be seeing you. First I'd better go down and see Frog.

No, I told you I'd deal with it, said Ageless, jumping off the window ledge and landing with an ominous squelch.

Did you hurt yourself, Ageless? cried Baby Pierre.

No, said Ageless, I had quite a soft landing. And Frog's little problem is solved.

No comments: